The Nitty Gritty
Who we are
We are Hug A Pug New Zealand. We own and operate the website
Our legal basis for processing your personal information.
When we use your personal information, we are required to have a legal basis for doing so. There are various different legal bases upon which we may rely, depending on what personal information we process and why.
The legal bases we rely on include:
- consent: where you have given us clear consent for us to process your personal information for a specific purpose – i.e. signing up to our newsletter or registering your pug for one of our events.
- contract: where our use of your personal information is necessary for a contract, we have with you, or because you have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract – i.e. purchasing a ticket to one of our events or raffles online.
- legitimate interests: where our use of your personal information is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party (unless there is a good reason to protect your personal information, which overrides our legitimate interests).
Personal Information provided by you, and why.
If you engage with us, we may ask you to provide us with certain Personal Information. This information may include, but is not limited to, your name, contact details, email address and any other details necessary to enable us to provide you with the services you have requested – i.e. bank or credit card details if you are purchasing an event or raffle ticket online.
Where you complete our newsletter subscription form the Personal Information (name, email address) you give us will be used by us to provide the information or services you requested.
If you unsubscribe from our newsletter, you are immediately unsubscribed from our mailing list.
We do not capture or store any Personal Information about individuals who look at our website, except where you choose to give us your personal details by email or an online form to enquire or buy an event or raffle ticket on our website.
We will keep your Personal Information private and confidential unless we have to disclose your Personal Information by law, or you ask us to disclose it. All Personal Information will be held with the utmost care and security. We will not sell, trade or share this information with anyone.
- We may use your Personal Information for:
Providing you with the services you have requested;
- Confirming that any existing information we hold about you is true and accurate;
- Confirming your identity;
- Assisting us in enforcing our rights under any contract we may have entered into with you;
- Communicating with you via newsletter or other promotional campaign;
- Providing you with effective customer service; and
- Anything else as agreed between you and us when you engage us to provide Services to you.
Website, cookies and email.
To improve the experience on our site, we may use ‘cookies’. Cookies are an industry standard and most websites use them. A cookie is a small text file that our site may place on your computer as a tool to remember your preferences.
People who visit our website remain anonymous as none of the data we may collect is linked to any personal information.
Credit card information
Summary of Your Rights
Under NZ Law (Privacy Act 2020), GDPR, CCPA and in fairness to you under all other jurisdictions, you have certain rights pertaining to your privacy.
- the right to request access to, deletion of or correction of, your personal data held by us;
- the right to complain to a supervisory authority;
- be informed of what data processing is taking place;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object to processing of your personal data;
- rights with respect to automated decision-making and profiling.
For all our services, the data controller — the company that’s responsible for your privacy— is Hug A Pug NZ.
Please contact us via the contact details below if you have any questions or concerns about your privacy rights, the data held by us, or anything else relating to your privacy and how we manage it.
This policy was last updated on the 7th September 2020.